1) Install the plugin manually, as per usual and restart E2...
2) Create a folder on a USB stick/SSD/mSD card and name it whatever you want, say openvpn, so it would be here: /media/usb/openvpn
3) Create subfolders in that folder and name them accordingly, say London, Berlin, Manchester, Sao, Frankfurt, NYC etc.: /media/usb/openvpn/London (or whatever you want to have as an option, create as many as you need)
4) Choose .udp.ovpn files given to you by your VPN provider and move them to your newly created folders, one for each server/city into its specific folder
5) Now, go to MENU > Plugins > VPN Manager > MENU > change the following settings:
-Save directory config > find the main openvpn folder and press SAVE button (say, /media/usb/openvpn/)
-OpenVPN autostart > yes
-VPN username > (Surfshark is specific here, you need to put in the ones they gave you for manual settings)
-VPN password > (as above)
If Surfshark username and password are too difficult to do via RCU, then use FileZilla Client to FTP to your box and go to:
Right click on plugin.py and choose View/Edit (use Notepad++ for editing).
Find lines 53 and 54 and copy and paste your username and password where you see XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX below:
[PLUGIN] VPN Manager Version 1.1.3
lso, you get several information that will be determined on your IP.
If there is an existing VPN connection, the ping will also be indicated.
Also in the plugin is already an update-resolv-conf with it, so the DNS server of the VPN provider are used.
In order to use the plugin properly, you must note the following.
Creating the configs
– create a folder for this / media / hdd / OpenVPN you can choose this folder name freely.
– for each config that you want to use create another folder / media / hdd / OpenVPN / Amsterdam Amsterdam can be replaced by everything.
In this folder then come the files you get from your VPN provider.
You do not have to rename or customize them if it’s an xxxx.conf or xxxx.ovpn.
Set up plugin
– OpenVPN must be stopped before the first start of the plugin
– First, you assign the new created folder in the plugin menu
– Now you have to enter your access data from your VPN provider
– Optionally, you can also set certain DNS server if a VPN connection exists.
But only for users who know what they are doing